What are the excellent properties of PVC ball valves used in engineering construction under high pressure conditions?
In engineering construction, it is imperative to h...MORE >>
1 Ball valve structure The ball valve is evolved from t […]
1 Ball valve structure
The ball valve is evolved from the plug valve. Its opening and closing part is a ball, and the ball is rotated 90 degrees around the axis of the stem to achieve the purpose of opening and closing.
2 Ball valve action
Ball valves are mainly used in pipelines to cut off, distribute and change the flow direction of media, and ball valves designed as V-shaped openings also have good flow regulation functions.
The ball valve not only has simple structure and good sealing performance, but also has small volume, light weight, less material consumption, small installation size, small driving torque, easy operation and quick opening and closing within a certain nominal passage range. One of the fastest growing valve varieties in the past ten years. Especially in industrially developed countries such as the United States, Japan, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Britain, ball valves are widely used, and the variety and quantity of use are still expanding. Life, excellent regulating performance and multi-functional development of a valve, its reliability and other performance indicators have reached a relatively high level, and have partially replaced gate valves, globe valves, and regulating valves.
With the technological advancement of ball valves, there will be wider applications in the foreseeable short term, especially on oil and gas pipelines, refinery crackers and nuclear industries. In addition, ball valves will also become one of the leading valve types in large and medium caliber, medium and low pressure fields in other industries.
3 Advantages of ball valves
1. Has the lowest flow resistance (actually zero).
2. Because it will not get stuck during work (when there is no lubricant), it can be reliably applied to corrosive media and low boiling point liquids.
3. Complete sealing can be realized in a large range of pressure and temperature.
4. It can realize fast opening and closing, and the opening and closing time of some structures is only 0.05~0.1s, so as to ensure that it can be used in the automation system of the test bench. When opening and closing the valve quickly, there is no shock in operation.
5. The spherical closing member can be automatically positioned in position.
6. The working medium is sealed reliably on both sides.
7. When fully open and fully closed, the sealing surface of the ball and the valve seat is isolated from the medium, so the medium passing through the valve at high speed will not cause erosion of the sealing surface.
8. With compact structure and light weight, it can be considered as the most reasonable valve structure for low temperature medium system.
9. The valve body is symmetrical, especially the welded valve body structure, which can well withstand the stress from the pipeline.
10. The closing parts can withstand the high pressure difference when closing.
11. The ball valve with fully welded valve body can be directly buried in the ground, so that the internal parts of the valve will not be corroded, and the maximum service life can reach 30 years. It is the most ideal valve for oil and natural gas pipelines.